19 March 2010

THE CRIES OF THE HAPLESS


My very 1st poem. Written for English Versification at school in 2005. Won 1st prize.

In the depth of my heart I wonder
If we are all humans!
For if we were, we would have heard
The cries of the hapless!

O’ wretched mortals!
Spurn away that veil of ignorance!
See, hear and feel for yourself
The cries of the hapless!

Some’d built themselves castles
And seen themselves reign in dreams
Only to wake up from that blissful dream
To find themselves sans castles sans dreams sans anything!

T’is said that opportunity ne’er comes
And knocks at thy door,
‘True’, ‘True’, echoes those
For whom opportunity is alien!

There are then people for whom
One wrong decision has cost
Their money their family and their life!
O’ just hear how they weep!

Wouldn’t it be nice
If you could revive their lives with Hope
And help rebuild their dilapidated dreams?
If I were thee, I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment